Pages

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Another Birthday

It was my birthday a week or so ago, and I had a very sewing themed set of gifts:


I have been eyeing up the Pattern Magic books for a while, and whilst my skills are no where near good enough to attempt anything from either of them, I love the concepts. I have been looking at patterns for ages, but was determined not to get any until after my birthday, just in case I got some as gifts.

Husband was particularly pleased with these (as was I!):


Linkand he also slaved over this themed cake:


He was convinced that it was going to be a disaster, but I was really impressed!

Middlest was very pleased with her sewing kit for her birthday - phew.

Since finishing the tunic shirt for Middlest, I have cut out another in a bigger size for Eldest, cut out gingham muslin for a shirt for Husband, and made myself a Sorbetto top from the scraps of the girls shirt material. I have not managed a decent photo of my Sorbetto due to poor light and photography skills, so will post about that another day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I've just finished a Sorbetto top but haven't been able to get a decent photo yet either! x
    PS. Love the cake

    ReplyDelete