Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Lost mojo

Has anyone seen my mojo (sewjo?)

After a week of skiing at half term, a week of staying in bed with a flu-like illness, and two weeks of feeling that I should be better by now, I'm feeling a bit flat in the sewing dept.  I did do a little bit of sorting out in my sewing area the other week, after Husband had put together my new Expedit shelves:

Previously, most of that stuff had been carefully arranged on the empty boxes of my dressform and overlocker, in the same place as the shelves are now. This looks a tad more organised! 

Whilst organising all this, I rediscovered a small stash of buttons that my Mum gave me some time ago.  She had been going through some of her stuff and though I would like them.  As you can see some of these are on their original cards and would date from the seventies (most likely!) I also have some fab buttons printed with the Union Jack, which didn't seem to make it into the photos.





I did make it to my sewing class last week, having missed the first 2 of this half term.  I finished basting my Burda trousers together and found that they were enormous. Hammer pants would be an understatment!  We started taking them in various places, but I decided that it would be easier to take them apart and re-cut them in a smaller size. I originally cut a size 40 and then cut down to a size 36. Now back to the basting....

2 comments:

  1. Mojo? Maybe its with the left socks. Yes, the gremlin has it, as it has mine. Don't worry it will return, unlike the socks.

    I am rather envious of your space for sewing given that you have room to lay out fabric for cutting, even if it does mean toppling the ironing board. I end up cutting out a few pieces at a time, which isn't great for fabric economy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe - we are missing several socks too!
      I can feel the mojo inching back, I made some new napkins to go with a new table cloth yesterday. Not very exciting, but better than not sewing!

      Delete