I used the Newlook 6895 pattern, sewing view C with sleeves from view E. This was one of the patterns that Husband bought for my birthday last year, and I wanted to use it before my birthday comes round again! The fabric I used is some kind of polyester, I think. It has a pleated crinkly appearance which I rather like, but made it a bit tricky to cut and has possibley made the top a fraction bigger than the size 10 that I cut out. Looking at the finished top, the pleating kind of hides the gathers at the neckline and on the arms.
As mentioned in my previous post, I used French seams where I could. For the armholes, I ended up doing an extra line of stitching in the seam allowance and then zigzagging over that second line. I could have used my overlocker but I didn't feel like doing all the adjustments to get the stitch right for the fabric! This fabric frayed like crazy so I hope the armhole finish will work out ok.
I did quite a lot of hand sewing, on the arm bindings, neck binding and the hem. I did the neatest, tiniest stitches as I possibley could, which took a while, but I am very pleased with the result. I think I need to invest in some beeswax, as I did get in a bit of a tangle in more than one instance.
There is a tiny opening in the back which has a button closure, so I did a tiny thread loop, but I can't imagine ever undoing the button as the top is roomy enough to pop on without opening it. In a future make, I think I may leave the back as one piece and do away with this opening completely.