Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

Me-Made-May16 week 3

Well, half way through week 4 here is my recap of week 3:

Top row: unblogged Minoru jacket and Cowl top; Magpie Kirsten Kimono T; Newlook 6230 sweatshirt; Minoru jacket and peasant blouse

Second row: Simplicity 2451 skirt, Newlook 6230 sweatshirt and Minoru jacket; peasant blouse; Simplicity 2451 skirt and Sewaholic Renfrew top; Ginger Jeans, unblogged Burda top and Minoru jacket

This week I have only put in links to items that I haven't linked to in previous MMMay16 posts.

I seem to be coping well with the challenge and some days have even managed double or triple me-mades in one outfit. One day I even managed 5 pieces as I went to a party and had a complete change of clothes.

I notice that many people have commented about wearing repeat outfits - I am not in the least bothered about whether I wear something or a whole outfit more than once in the month. I personally feel that if I have enough clothes to wear something different every day of the month, then I have too many clothes.

The weather continues to be better than some of the previous MMM's that I have taken part in, which means that there are several items that I haven't worn yet - not long to go 'til the end of the month

3 comments:

  1. I think it's a good sign if you repeat an item of clothing because it means it is loved and works well in your wardrobe!
    Another collection of great makes again this week.
    I love your Simplicity 2451 skirt - what a fab print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamsin, It was lovely seeing you at the pattern swap today. I look forward to seeing what you will make out of the fabric. I will keep you posted about what I manage to eek out of my navy sweat-shirting, red polka-dot cotton and the metres of crazy tan knit which is destined for the dye bucket!

      Delete
  2. I agree, I repeat outfits from week to week all the time. I guess if I was trying to take photos I might try for a bit more variety, but one of the main goals of sewing for me is so I don't have to think much about what to wear.

    ReplyDelete